at the 2017 MUFON Symposium
1. Fantastic Field Investigator Training! - Both veteran field investigators and newbies alike raved about the talks given by some of the best in Ufology who discussed actionable, valuable skills that could be utilized when investigating a UFO report.
2. Yummy Banquet Dinner! - Put a room full of Ufologists in their Las Vegas-best duds, add a few glasses of wine and friendships for life are made. We cheered on the best of the best like the superstars they are as they were awarded for their hard work and dedication.
3. Fantastic field trip to freakin’ Area 51! - This was the highlight for many participants. A fantastic historian discussed everything from World War II to Hitler to the testing done at White Sands to the physical layout (that we know of) of Area 51. Not only did we come within inches of the “Do Not Cross” fence, we were treated to a hot meal at the famous Little A’Le’Inn.
4. The speakers, oh the speakers! - This year’s theme was The Case for a Secret Space Program and MUFON showcased presenters from all kinds of viewpoints. Each thoughtfully discussed their evidence (which was subsequently hotly debated later. See #9.) detailing arguments and proof of possible space-related subterfuge from Uncle Sam.
5. Biggest symposium in 20 years! - Over 1,000 people from 20 different countries attended from Australia to the United Arab Emirates. When you get down to it, we are all just Earthlings interested in the UFO phenomena!